Claim Correction

Complete a claim correction

The Federal Court of Australia has approved the settlement of the Australian class actions against Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda over the diesel emissions issue, which was negotiated by Maurice Blackburn and Bannister Law on behalf of eligible Australian motorists. In order to be entitled to receive a settlement payment, you must have registered a claim for a settlement payment via this website by midnight 26 March 2020 or otherwise in accordance with the orders made by the Federal Court.

If a claim has been registered in the wrong name or by the incorrect person, you may complete a claim correction. Maurice Blackburn will generally direct you to do this if it is required, including as to the timeframe by which you must complete a claim correction to be entitled to receive a settlement payment. Please scroll down and enter the VIN for the vehicle to complete a claim correction.


You can use your email address and password to log-in to your existing account below and complete your claim for a settlement payment or check on its status.


Retrieve my password

Claim correction

If you have been directed to complete a claim correction, please enter the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) for your vehicle below and click to check that it is for a valid vehicle affected by the diesel emissions issue.

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

The VIN is a unique code made up of 17 letters and numbers, which identifies your vehicle. Please ensure that you correctly enter the VIN, including checking that:

  • The number “0” is not mistyped as the letter “O” (or vice versa)
  • The number “1” is not mistyped as the letter “l” (or vice versa)
  • The number “2” is not mistyped as the letter “Z” (or vice versa)
  • Any sequence of the letters “W” and “V” (for example “WVW”) is typed correctly

You can usually find the VIN on a plate or sticker under the bonnet, near the engine bay, or inside the passenger side door on the “B” pillar of your vehicle. It may also be recorded in the certificates of registration, insurance papers, service log book, or other documentation for your vehicle.